Supergirl Season 2 Episode 4 Sneak Peek Supergirl 2×04 Sneak Peek #2 – When Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) investigate the murder of an unregistered alien, the trail leads to an alien fight club run by Roulette (guest star Dichen Lachman), the ringmaster who commands aliens to fight in mortal combat for the entertainment of rich humans. While trying to stop the fighting, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter find themselves up against a surprising opponent. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) is thrilled to have found another Martian and tries to get to know M’Gann (guest star Sharon Leal) better. Supergirl takes Mon-El (Chris Wood) under her wing and begins to train him.
Directed by: James Marshall
Written by:Paula Yoo & Eric Carrasco (#204).
Dichen Lachman (Veronica Sinclair / Roulette)
Floriana Lima (Maggie Sawyer)
Katie McGrath (Lena Luthor)
Chris Wood (Mon-El)
Laura Benanti (Supergirl’s Mom)
Sharon Leal (M‘gann M’orzz / Miss Martian)
Season 2 Episode 4 “Survivors” was quite a few subplots in the main plot tonight. The flirting and chemistry between Alex and Maggie was super cute and there are sparks aplenty. That was beyond cute. The fight club angle was interesting but a little anti-climatic – I expected more but I guess the fighting was a good excuse to have Alex/Maggie play dressups and make googoo eyes at each other.
They buried the real story at the very end. Now THAT was interesting and caught me completely by surprise. Just when i was getting all warm and fuzzy over Alex/Maggie and Kara/Mon-El they drop the bombshell about M’gann being a M’GreenieMartian! Well that was a mega bombshell. What is a Green Martian doing in a bar (that’s got the makings of a great joke). What she expecting J’onn? How could she have known that. She couldn’t. So she’s been hiding and fighting? Was the shock she got in Episode 3 on seeing J’onn was that real? Did she think that she was the only Martian on the planet? So many questions.
- Alex calling Maggie and basically being cute with each other over a dead body
- Kara looking so confused with the banter between Alex and Maggie – never mind the dead alien in the trunk
- Kara being unsure of herself about Mon-El although that felt a little weird. I’m not sure why it felt weird but it did.
- Roulette was interesting but not fully developed..would like to see more of her character to get a better idea.
- Mon-El bugs me and I don’t know why. Something about him…
- The Fight Between M’Gann and J’onn and the Big Reveal
I have to say that whole survivor story she gave J’onn sounded like a pack of lies to me. There was no emotion, there was no angst. It was like someone was saying they had just crossed the road. M’gann went through hell in the worst camp and she’s kinda blah about it all? Unless of course you weren’t a real White Martian and didn’t go through hell and that would make sense.
- What’s with the Vulcan Mind Meld thingy (oops the Martian mind thing) – J’onn you don’t go up to a lady and ask them right after you met them to mind meld with them! You also don’t go barging in without knocking!
- Of course M’gann wouldn’t want to mind meld / martian mind thing with J’onn – she just met the guy! Well now we know why she didn’t want to but that’s beside the point.
- J’onn you need to speak and let the lady get to know you…no, seriously that’s how it works. <g>
- Did it strike anyone just a little odd that M’gann was more powerful than other aliens she fought? Not just a little? It only makes you go ‘hmm’ when you see the last frame of the episode.
- J’onn not playing the fight game and letting M’gann “win”
- Why didn’t M’GreenieMartian didn’t finish him off when she had a chance? What’s in it for her?
- The Alex and Maggie Flirting Hour….
- Alex coming to the aid of her new girlfriend…well it’s only a matter of time
— Supergirl Australia (@AusxipSupergirl) November 1, 2016
- Alex and Maggie making googoo eyes at each other (although Maggie is seeing someone…someone needs to tell her to drop the hot blonde because the hot brunette is far better). I just love a good love story in the making.
- The look of disappointment on Alex’s face when Maggie and Blondie kissed and walked away. AWWWW. Patience Miss Danvers, Patience.
The Bromance – Mon-El and Winn
- Was it me or did Mon-El was a little more attentive to his boss on his home planet in the flashback? It must be me…
- Budding bromance between Mon-El and Winn – cute
- The Booze Boys: Winn and Mon-El getting wasted. Winn should have been reprimanded for taking an alien out of the DEO. He wasn’t other than the killer hangover.
Lena and Kara
- What is it about Kara that Lena likes so much? Curious aren’t you? Me too.
- I was fully expecting Lena to say ‘Supergirl’ right after Kara left her office.
- What could be the favor that Lena wants in return for the location of Roulette’s next fight club? Interesting
The HMMM bits
- James was MIA. I would honestly like to see more of James than Cranky Casper.