More Season 2 news – a new casting of a villain Metallo For all the roundup of Season 2 news, head to the AUSXIP Supergirl Season 2 Subpage
EW.com has revealed that Frederick Schmidt has been tapped to play the character of Metallo.
When international assassin John Corben is badly injured after taking on both Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), he is reborn by a shadow organization into the Kryptonite-powered supervillain Metallo.
Metallo will appear in at least two episodes, starting with the season 2 premiere, airing Monday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.
Besides Schmidt’s Metallo, Supergirl‘s second season will bring in:
- Tyler Hoechlin as Superman,
- Sharon Leal as Miss Martian,
- Chris Wood as Mon-El,
- Ian Gomez as Snapper Carr, and
- Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer.
- Dichen Lachman as Roulette!
- Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter will star as the as-yet-unnamed President of the United States.